As a busy caregiver taking care of others, it is very easy to overlook your own health and put it on the back burner. This behavior will catch up to you over time, affecting both your physical and mental health. This is why I created a beautiful Wellness Planner printable specifically designed for caregivers. To remind you that your health is just as important as those you are taking care of.
Taking care of your loved ones is important but not at the expense of your own health. This Caregiver Wellness Planner printable will help you stay on track.
A Planner Focused On Caregivers
I am excited to share with you my new Caregiver Wellness Planner printable! As caregivers, we are so busy caring for others that it becomes very easy to overlook our own needs, dreams, and desires.
Not anymore! Not with this planner. My printable wellness planner was carefully thought out and designed to help the caregiver specifically. Each page helps you move forward to becoming your best self.
Many printable planners are just regular daily planners in disguise, with perhaps a few journal pages added. This self-care planner makes you think about YOU. Starting with a personal inventory of where you sit in terms of your own wellness goals.
Digital planners are nice but sometimes, at least for me, I like to physically write things down, see them on paper, and use multiple colored pens. So the fact that this planner can be printed out and made into a physical product makes me very happy.
Worrisome Caregiver Health Concerns
Being a caregiver can be a beautiful and rewarding role, creating bonds with loved ones that last forever. However, it can also be taxing both physically and mentally.
Here are some of the concerns for the health of a caregiver.
- Caregivers report their health is worse since providing unpaid care for their loved ones.
- Caregiver depression increases as their loved ones’ function level declines.
- Almost half of all caregivers report concern over the physical strain that comes with caregiving.
- 44% of caregivers are concerned about the emotional strains of caregiving.
- 53% of caregivers are diagnosed with 2 or more chronic conditions. According to the CDC, that is 14% higher than the general population.
- Only 4 in 10 caregivers rate their health as “excellent or very good.”
A Wellness Planner To Help All Caregivers
I know taking care of your own health can be extremely difficult when you are caring for a loved one with a chronic disease or who needs your continual attention. There is only so much time in the day.
I share with you the above statistics not to scare you, but to hopefully enlighten you on just how important it is to care for your own health too.
Using this Caregiver Wellness Planner will help you get on track. Help you dive deep into your goals, the why behind them, and help you at least start taking some baby steps toward your own health and wellness journey. It should not be ignored or put on the back burner – ever.
NOT An Organizer or To Do List Planner
My wellness planner printable for caregivers comes as a digital download and is in US letter size. It is formatted as a PDF because I find PDF files to be the easiest and least complicated for people to download.
Oftentimes, when we are planning our day, we create a huge “to-do” list with unrealistic expectations of getting it all done. There is no motive behind all of the tasks other than the panicked thought that we need to get them done. Even the self-care routines we know we should be doing because they are good for us, don’t consistently get done because we haven’t really figured out the “why” behind our actions – or lack thereof.
As a Lifestyle Medicine Nurse, when I am working with clients on being consistent with their health goals, we always work on figuring out the why behind each goal. Otherwise, fitness goals and other healthy self-care habits remain inconsistent, and they come and go depending on the day and our mood.
Caregiver Wellness Planner Details
Let me show you some of the details of my Caregiver Wellness Planner printable.
- This digital product is 10 pages in length and starts out looking at your big life-changing goals and dreams, and the why behind them.
- As you move through the planner you will narrow your lifestyle thoughts and ideas down to more specific goals and daily routines, as well as the why behind them.
- My wellness planner printable includes a self-care planner as well as a mood tracker, habit tracker, and sleep tracker.
- I also provide a wellness journal, which looks at small but important things, like water intake and other healthy habits.
- And of course, a daily gratitude list is a must!
- All of these tools will help show you how to better care for yourself. And you can use the self-care journal and monthly calendars to help you stay on track with your wellness lifestyle for the entire year.
The Caregiver Wellness Planner printable is a self-care journal and can be put to personal use every single day. All of the pages are printable pages so you can use this planner every new year, and print out the planner pages over and over again.
I included a daily planner page with things like energy levels, mood, and sleep tracker, as well as water intake. If you like this page, feel free to print out more for every day of the week.
Let This Planner Help Guide You
It is my hope that this Caregiver Wellness Planner printable will help all caregivers begin to think more about their own health and wellness journey and start taking care of themselves.
Because when you feel good about yourself, it radiates to those around you, and you will be a better caregiver for it.
So grab this Caregiver Wellness Planner and start planning for your health because you are worth it! xx
DON’T FORGET TO TAKE CARE OF YOU
The Caregiver Wellness Planner
CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO: Using My Wellness Planner as a Busy Caregiver
Here are more nourishing recipes and joyful living tips for busy caregivers
Let’s be social
If you enjoyed this post, I would love it if you give it 5 stars or comment below, and do not hesitate to share it with someone whom you think might benefit. Thank you in advance.
Also, you can follow me and my life on Cape Cod, on my Instagram page @parkinsons_and_us.
FREE Guide – 10 Green Smoothie Recipes Guide
Grab this FREE GUIDE with 10 delicious green smoothie recipes. A great caregiver support guide to help you get those fruits and veggies in every single day!